This tin dish, which has been identified as a church bowl, could have been used during baptism or other liturgical activities, for example, as a priest’s washbasin, a so-called lavabo. It probably comes from one of the wooden churches in Kęty, which was demolished on the orders of the Austrian authorities. These churches were located on Świętokrzyska and Wszystkich Świętych streets. They were pulled down after a serious fire in 1797.
The tin mug has a profiled base and bottom part of the body; slightly expanded at the top. The vessel is devoid of decorations.
Welcome cup was a decorative container for drinking beer in guild inns during important celebrations. Its Polish name wilkom comes from the German greeting willkommen [welcome]. Each newly arrived guest had to empty the cup filled with an alcoholic beverage in honour of the guild. The production of such cups developed in Germany in the 2nd half of the 16th century, and later spread throughout Europe.
Among the memorabilia of the old town authorities stored in the collection of the Museum in Tarnów, a special place is occupied by a set of three identical tin jugs. These vessels were created in Gdańsk in 1639, probably in the workshop of the master Assmus Virian.
A decorative and portable piece of furniture in the form of an angular box closed with a pair of small doors and containing eight drawers. Furniture of that type, made of exotic materials, was not commonly used in Poland of the 17th century.