Our Lady is shown as a half-figure. On her right arm we can see a baby Jesus pressing against her face. She is wearing a golden crown and her head is covered with a grey and silver scarf hemmed with gold. The coat is made in a similar design and it is additionally covered with golden lilies. Mary is grabbing the folded coat with her left hand.
The image of an unknown young woman is an example of a coffin portrait: a special genre of portraits that emerged in close relation with the funeral customs in the Baroque period.
A palace fan operated with a crank, set in a round metal box. The box lid is covered with a mesh made of thick wire. The edges of the lid are decorated with a string of gilded ornaments featuring a pattern of floral reliefs.
Only a few of those who have visited the museum in Kęty are able to determine what the presented object was designed for. It is similar in shape to tea brewers, which were popular until recently, but its considerable size excludes this function. The device dates back to the 2nd half of the 19th century...
The presented exhibit comes from the Qui non ci torno più [I Shall Never Return] play at the Cricot 2 Theatre created in Kraków and Milan in the years 1987–1988. The play’s premiere took place on 23 June 1988 at the Piccolo Teatro Studio in Milan. The plot of the play takes place in a tavern. There are metal tavern tables and stools on the stage. In the background a wall of smooth black cloth is set up in a semi-circle with the barely visible contours of four doors.
This shrine comes from Łącko; it was donated to the Museum in 1959. It represents a type of a columnar shrine with a wooden box mounted on a debarked trunk.
Goplana and the Elves is a reconstruction of the object from the performance Balladyna, performed in Kraków in 1943 by Tadeusz Kantor and a group of the artists from Kraków, in the Underground Independent Theatre. No objects survived from this period. As well as Balladyna by Juliusz Słowacki, Kantor also directed Return of Odysseus by Wyspiański in 1944...
The phonograph has a spring drive mechanism and is designed to play discs that have a diameter of 10 to 25 cm at 33 rpm. It is sometimes described as the walkman of the Victorian era and the great-grandfather of the iPod. It is an example of one of the first pocket-size and movable devices for playing music.