The ushabti figures — artistically perfect and finely made — were purchased from the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities in Cairo by soldiers of the Polish Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade during WW II and subsequently granted to the Archaeological Museum. The pillar at the back of the figure reaches the lower edge of a tripartite wig, finely fashioned in regular wisps exposing the ears.
A vase with a flat bottom and a belly gradually widening upwards. Around the vessel a decorative ornament presenting a circle of dancing figures holding each other’s hands, also serving as a vase handle. The pottery and tile ware factory, J. Niedźwiecki and Co. in Dębniki, was also famous for the production of artistic faience in the years 1900–1910.
A round ceramic pouncet-box for toothpaste glazed in white, with visible cracks in the glazing. The lid closing the box is decorated with a round paper label depicting the head of a woman on a blue background shown in profile and with inscriptions on a black background...
The presented press was originally used in a pharmacy in Brzostek (Subcarpathian Province, Dębica District). Currently, it is on display at an exhibition devoted to the history of pharmacy at the Museum of Ziemia Biecka.
Fajansowe naczynie apteczne z dwoma uchwytami w kształcie baranich główek. Na brzuścu umieszczona jest sygnatura wypalana czarną kursywą: Syrupus opiatus — ulepek, syrop makowcowy. Preparat otrzymywano poprzez rozpuszczenie wyciągu z makowca, czyli opium (Extractum Opii), w odpowiedniej ilości stężonego roztworu cukru.
When Ignacy Łukasiewicz distilled kerosene and co-participated in the construction of the lamp fuelled by it, he significantly revolutionized the current style and comfort of life. Under the influence of his invention, lamps with a variety of intended applications, methods of assembly, and ornamentation, appeared.