After the outbreak of World War I, Roman Florer received an assignment as an observer on the Serbian and Italian front in the 4th Aviation Squadron. At the turn of 1914 and 1915, he was sent to the Wiener Neustadt pilots' course. After completing the course, he returned to the front as a pilot in the 27th Aviation Squadron.
Crinoline dress made of white muslin printed with motifs of water plants at the bottom of the skirt, and flying butterflies and other insects above. A short camisole lined with a white fabric with whalebones and fastened in the front with buttons. Slotted and flared long sleeves sewn with frills.
The document was issued by the Committee for the Construction of New Synagogue in Freunds Druckerei in Breslau in the autumn of 1864. The bond amount is 50 Austrian guilders, and it was issued in the name of Zelig Offner. Exactly 44 years separate the date of the bond issuing and the moment when the New Synagogue was opened, which took place on the 18th of September 1908. The grand opening of the magnificent building, which is the pride of the Jews of Tarnów, was preceded by an excruciatingly long period of several decades when the walls were built slowly.
The Talmud is the most important compilation of the oral Torah, that was revealed to Moses on Mount Sinai. It is a commentary, an explanation, and a discussion. Before the Talmud, there was the Mishnah, to which Talmud is an extension. There are two Talmuds—the Jerusalem Talmud and the Babylonian Talmud—whose 1831 edition is presented in our collection. The process of editing the former was completed in the 4th century AD in Palestine, in the academies of Caesarea, Sepphoris, and Tiberias. The latter was completed a little later, at the beginning of the 6th century AD in Babylonia, in the academies of Sura, Nehardea, and Pumbedita. It is far more extensive than the Jerusalem Talmud.
Autorem Zielnika... jest Szymon Syreniusz (ok. 1540–1611), lekarz i botanik, profesor Akademii Krakowskiej. Dzieło zawiera opisy 765 roślin leczniczych wraz z ich leczniczym zastosowaniem. Monografia zawiera drzeworytnicze wizerunki roślin. Jak wynika z tytułu, był on przeznaczony lekarzom...
The first, taller bottle with a stopper in the shape of a glass bevelled ball was designed for a cologne with the romantic name La Reine des Fleurs [French Queen of Flowers]. The second bottle has been designed in the shape of a rectangular decanter with bulges on the walls.
A red round cardboard pouncet-box used to store rouge. On the lid of the box, there is a richly decorated paper label with a wreath composed of stylized acanthus leaves and branches with flowers. A pair of children, a girl and a boy, sit on the opposite sides of the wreath.
A Jewish book belonging to a Chevra Kadisha funeral fraternity. It is a prayer book of the Ashkenazi rite (Nusach Ashkenaz). The Hebrew title of the book is Sidur Safa Berura ha-Shalom.
A round ceramic pouncet-box for toothpaste glazed in white, with visible cracks in the glazing. The lid closing the box is decorated with a round paper label depicting the head of a woman on a blue background shown in profile and with inscriptions on a black background...
The work of a Persian doctor, philosopher, scholar, known in Europe as Avicenna (Abu Ali Ibn Sina, 980–1037). The Canon of Medicine was written at the beginning of the 11th century, but served as a manual of medical knowledge in the West even up to the 17th century, while in the East it is sometimes used up to this day.
The photograph shows the main gate of the Henryk Jordan park in Kraków. In the foreground, the road has been flattened (currently, 3 May Avenue), behind which there is a wooden bridge on the River Rudawa. Next, we see a tall wooden gate, with the inscription: Miejski/ Park Dra Jordana. In the background, on the left, a wooden pavilion designated the main pavilion...
A round metal (?) pouncet-box covered in its entirety with a pattern composed of powder brushes on a brick-coloured background. The paintbrush holders were moulded to form a convexity. The lid is slightly convex.
A model of a puppet nativity scene, symmetrical, with two storeys and five towers, provided with carrying handles on its sides. The entire structure is made of wood, the base and the upper floor of boards, and the frame from strips of wood. The walls are made of cardboard; the ground floor is covered with red paper with “bricks” painted with black ink and the walls of the upper floor and towers are covered with paper cut-outs in the shape of windows and star ornaments. The floors are separated with a decoration of horizontal, multicoloured stripes with silver teeth on the sides.