The presented vessels have the shape of small amphoras and are made of clay. The former is decorated with primitive plant patterns and the lug has been, it seems, knocked off, with the body extending at the top. The latter vessel has a pair of lugs and a body extending at the bottom, on which a relief representation of two figures occupied by an object is visible. The irregularities in the shape of the vessels and their primitive ornamentation indicate the early period of their creation and the simple craftsmanly workshop.
The vessel comes from the 1876 Peruvian collection of Władysław Kluger. The hollow, zoomorphic figurine most likely represents a llama. It was made of a ceramic material, then coated with a light-coloured slip and white paint, which is most noticeable on the muzzle of the animal.
The vessel comes from the collection of Władysław Kluger, it is from 1876. It has the shape of the lama head with wide outflow.
A beige and brown mug with a ribbon-shaped handle, with the body decorated with circular depressions and vertical slats. It comes from the Bronze Age. It was discovered during excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period at excavation site no. 1.
Obiekt pochodzi z kolekcji Władysława Klugera z 1876 roku. Kuliste naczynie z umieszczoną na szczycie, przy wylewie leżącą postacią ludzką.
The vessel is part of the rich collection of monuments from Bilcze Złote, from the Werteba Cave. The objects come from excavations, conducted with breaks from 1876 to 1907, by Adam Honory Kirkor, Gotfryd Ossowski, and Włodzimierz Dematrykiewicz. The collections of Prince Leon and Teresa Sapieh were handed over by agreement in 1904 to the Museum of Skills Academy in Kraków.
This miniature scoop comes from the Bronze Age and the Early Iron Age, it has a ribbon-shaped handle and a spotted, black and beige surface. It was discovered during excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period at excavation site no. 1.
This is the second example of the knobby amphorae from the Witów area presented on our website. It comes from the Bronze Age. It was discovered during excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period at excavation site no. 1.
The first man settled in Witów, lying in a distance of 4 km from Koszyce, as early as several thousand years ago. The first archaeological finds from this area are dated back to that time — ca. 5 thousand years ago. The local hill on the river was a perfect place to settle. It had its natural defensive features, which were eagerly used by our ancestors who founded subsequent settlements in the Witów area. They left their traces there: vessels, tools, ornaments.
The little amphora comes from excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period in site no. 1. From 1961 to 1963, the research was coordinated by Józef Marciniak, PhD, and in the 1970s by Jacek Rydzewski, PhD. During the works, objects showing evidence of a human presence in Witów as early as the Neolithic era were found.