List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

Small vase “kantharos”

In the Korzec collection in Tarnów, which numbers 450 inventory items, a small vase of the kantharos type deserves special attention. Vases of this type served as decorations and were produced on the occasion of anniversaries or other events. The excellent quality of the product and the elegance of its form and decorations prove the high level of manufacturing quality in the 1st two decades of the 19th century. In Polish museum collections, a similar small vase can be found in the collection of the National Museum in Warsaw.

A spherical vessel with a reclining figure on the spout

The object comes from Władysław Kluger’s 1876 Peruvian collection. It is an oval vessel whose upper part (spout) is formed into an anthropomorphic shape.

Wineskin with a lug

The ceramic wineskin with a lug has a bulky body and a simple spout. The vessel has been formed by hand in a primitive workshop.

Ceramic tile “Maryna’s discipline”

Ceramic corner tile taken from a clay stove, the so-called heater. It was made by the pottery workshop of Jan Oksitowicz, a potter enrolled in the Kraków guild in 1832. The tile comes from a stove which existed even in the interwar period in one of the Kraków tenement houses belonging to the Tarnowski family. After World War II, the stove stood in the former residence of this family in Dzików near Tarnobrzeg, from where, dismantled, it found its way to Kraków again.

Faience apothecary vessel

Fajansowe naczynie apteczne z dwoma uchwytami w kształcie baranich główek. Na brzuścu umieszczona jest sygnatura wypalana czarną kursywą: Syrupus opiatus — ulepek, syrop makowcowy. Preparat otrzymywano poprzez rozpuszczenie wyciągu z makowca, czyli opium (Extractum Opii), w odpowiedniej ilości stężonego roztworu cukru.

Apothecary majolica vessel — “albarello”

Majolikowe naczynie apteczne typu albarello, eliptycznie wklęsłe, powstało w Faenzie (Włochy) w połowie XVI wieku. Dekoracja figuralno-roślinna w kolorach niebieskim, zielonym, żółtym i pomarańczowym; postać ludzka to zielarka z chustą na zioła na plecach. Napis na banderoli: Aloe patico...

A vessel with an anthropomorphic bust on the cast

The exhibit comes from the 1876 Peruvian collection of Władysław Kluger and was created during the period of Chimú culture. The vessel consists of two separate pieces, whose bodies were conjoined with a wide tunnel. They also feature a common handle connecting their necks.

Zoomorphic vessel (Chancay Culture)

The vessel comes from the 1876 Peruvian collection of Władysław Kluger. The hollow, zoomorphic figurine most likely represents a llama. It was made of a ceramic material, then coated with a light-coloured slip and white paint, which is most noticeable on the muzzle of the animal.

Little knobby amphora

The little amphora comes from excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period in site no. 1. From 1961 to 1963, the research was coordinated by Józef Marciniak, PhD, and in the 1970s by Jacek Rydzewski, PhD. During the works, objects showing evidence of a human presence in Witów as early as the Neolithic era were found.

Pot

The first man settled in Witów, lying in a distance of 4 km from Koszyce, as early as several thousand years ago. The first archaeological finds from this area are dated back to that time — ca. 5 thousand years ago. The local hill on the river was a perfect place to settle. It had its natural defensive features, which were eagerly used by our ancestors who founded subsequent settlements in the Witów area. They left their traces there: vessels, tools, ornaments.

A vessel rolled on a potter’s wheel

A vessel thrown on a potter’s wheel with a profiled, conical neck, of light grey colour, comes from the late Roman imperial period, i.e. 3rd–4th century AD. It was discovered at the multicultural site no. 1 in Witów.

Mug

A beige and brown mug with a ribbon-shaped handle, with the body decorated with circular depressions and vertical slats. It comes from the Bronze Age. It was discovered during excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period at excavation site no. 1.

Knobby amphora

This is the second example of the knobby amphorae from the Witów area presented on our website. It comes from the Bronze Age. It was discovered during excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period at excavation site no. 1.

Scoop

This miniature scoop comes from the Bronze Age and the Early Iron Age, it has a ribbon-shaped handle and a spotted, black and beige surface. It was discovered during excavation research conducted in Witów in the post-war period at excavation site no. 1.

Orava pitcher

The presented object is a spherical pitcher with a short, narrow neck to which a convex handle is attached. Its lower edge reaches only down to the upper part of the body, without disturbing the graceful spherical shape. In this type of narrow-necked pitchers usually beverages like mead and wine were served. Upper Orava – in the part located on the Polish side – did not have its own pottery workshop, but it was easily supplied with these products at nearby fairs until World War I, mainly in Trzciana (Tyrstyna).

Tincture press

The presented press was originally used in a pharmacy in Brzostek (Subcarpathian Province, Dębica District). Currently, it is on display at an exhibition devoted to the history of pharmacy at the Museum of Ziemia Biecka.

Tiled stove from manor house in Droginia

The tiled stove was moved to the Museum of the Vistula Ethnographic Park in Wygiełzów and the Lipowiec Castle as an element of the former furnishings of the manor house in Droginia. During the reconstruction it was located in the room constituting the museum exhibition where it performs a decorative function in the master’s room, although it used to be a source of heat in the Droginia manor where the Bzowski family lived for generations.

Clay bowl

A middle-sized red baked clay bowl with a narrow bottom and straight, widely open sides, ended at the top with a little rim. The inside of the bowl and the bottom are decorated with simple drawings of twigs. At the top, there are wavy lines. The decoration was made with yellow enamel. From the inside, the bowl is covered with brown glaze.

Chinese porcelain salt shaker

The presented salt shaker is an example of early white-blue pottery, which is decorated with cobalt blue. It is a rare form of Far Eastern porcelain imported to Europe. The object has come a long way to the collection of the Wieliczka Museum, because it was made in China during the Kangxi period (1662–1722).

Porcelain salt cellar with a figure of black woman with a basket

This is a figurine-shaped porcelain salt shaker with a container for salt. A very decorative figure of black woman with a basket was created in the oldest European porcelain workshop in Meissen, near Dresden. It was made according to the model developed by Johann Friedrich Eberlein in 1741.