List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

Drum-like airdrop capsule, the so-called “little cell”

It is one of the elements of the British airdrop capsules, which consisted of a number of segments like this. It has a simple cylinder-like structure fitted with covers. When removed from the container, the cell could be transported by its handles. Museums and private collections include few...

Flight chart of 308 Krakow Fighter Squadron

This is a wooden, blackboard of flights (most likely a replica) of 308 Kraków Fighter Squadron, with credits for the operational flight allocation, from 1945. This exhibit is particularly valuable due to the fact that the division continued the traditions of the 2 Air Regiment in Kraków (the squadron staff came from...

Painting “Son and His Killed Mother” by Andrzej Wróblewski

The painting shows a small boy embracing a woman who is presented from her shoulders down, without her head. The woman is dead, although it seems that she is returning the caress with a numb gesture of her hand. The artist painted her in a bluish azure and dressed her in a blue dress. He painted all war victims and dead people in this way — using the symbolism of blue: the sphere of shade, immateriality, and transcendence. The form generalised and knowingly made primitive as well as nearly evenly laid colour are for the condensation of essence and expression.

Rocket engine “Walter HWK” — 109-507 model

This is a rocket engine, designed for propelling a German guided flying bomb, the Henschel Hs 293. It was constructed in the small experimental plant “H. Walter KG” in Kiel, headed by prof. Hellmuth Walter, who, since 1935, had been dealing with the practical use of hydrogen peroxide...

Painting “Portrait of Kazimierz Janota Bzowski”

A portrait of Kazimierz Janota Bzowski, who died in 1862, the founder of the Droginia line of the Janot Bzowski family. The painting belonged to the Janot Bzowski family of Droginia. It was donated to the Museum by Witold Nekanda Trepka.

Commission of Officer Roman Florer

After the outbreak of World War I, Roman Florer received an assignment as an observer on the Serbian and Italian front in the 4th Aviation Squadron. At the turn of 1914 and 1915, he was sent to the Wiener Neustadt pilots' course. After completing the course, he returned to the front as a pilot in the 27th Aviation Squadron.

“For Huszt” commemorative badge

Commemorative badge for former soldiers of the Polish Legions, and later the Polish Auxiliary Corps, interned in 1918. Made of silver plated tombac, in the shape of an eagle with the badge of II Brigade of the Polish Legions on the chest. Oval with...

Legion’s eagle — the top of the Column of the Legions

16 August 1915 marked the first anniversary of establishing the Supreme National Committee, which exercised political and organizational supervision over the Polish Legions. On that day, the Column of the Legions was unveiled in front of St. Mary’s Basilica in the Main Market Square in Kraków.

Band of the Defenders of Lviv Association

This was the armband of lieutenant pilot Rudolf Weyde, one of the participants in the battles for Lviv in 1918 and a member of the air defence section of Lviv. The unique armband of the Defenders of Lviv Association of November 1918, introduced in 1934–1938, was awarded as a symbol of membership, on the basis of mandatory registration and verification...

Band of the Home Army “Żelbet” Group

This exhibit is one of many kinds displaying the Home Army bands. It was made for soldiers of the Home Army's Żelbet Group, which emerged out of a series of clandestine initiatives growing in the wake of the September defeat, especially in the Secret Military Organisation of the Kraków Garrison...

Home Army Band

A piece of white and red cloth with a W.P. stamp served as a necessary substitute for the longed-for Home Army soldier uniform — a clear sign that one is a soldier rather than a civilian. The Union of Armed Struggle [Związek Walki Zbrojnej] was...

Badge of a pilot of the Naval Air Squadron

Normal 0 21 false false false PL X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standardowy; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; border:none;} This is a first-class marine pilot badge, issued by order 13/33, in force in 1933–39. Probably, it was worn by Capt. Roman Borowiec, pilot of the CANT Z.506 Air one aeroplane, sunk in Lake Ślemień (a badge was picked up there along with other remains of the plane).

Navigator badge

The Observer Badge (Navigator Badge) is one of the aviation’s specialty badges, worn by pilots and other members of the flying staff. The popular gapa is one of the most famous symbols of the Polish Military Aviation. The badge was worn by aviators in the inter-war period and the Polish Air Force during World War II. The design of the badge has survived from the time of the People’s Republic of Poland and is worn by Polish aviators to this day.

HRO receiver – HRO Senior model

National HRO Senior is an American shortwave receiver, used both in civilian and military radio-communication service. The HRO was made in 1934 for the National Radio Company in the USA. The receivers were produced in many versions: HRO Senior (prod. 1935–1943), HRO-Jr (prod. 1936–1943), RAS (prod. 1939–1945), HRO-M and HRO–5 (prod. 1944–1945).

Kazimierz Piotrowski’s dog tag from the Warsaw Uprising

A dog tag is an inextricable part of a contemporary soldier's equipment. The dog tag allows one to identify the corpse of a soldier. This dog tag epitomises the improvisation in the combat conditions of the Warsaw Uprising...

Uniform of a navigator major (S/Ldr) of Eugeniusz Arciuszkiewicz

This is a tropical uniform: with a French uniform type jacket, pants, shirt with a tie, and a hat. It is an RAF uniform with Polish elements (on the basis of the uniform regulations in force since 1 January 1942, outside Polish borders). It includes Polish buttons, an — eagle model of 1936 ...

Uniform of the General Pilot Tadeusz Andersz

This uniform is of the French RAF jacket-type, belonging to General Pilot Tadeusz Andersz (born on 27 September 1918 in Haensbrook, died on 29 October 2007 in London), who was a Polish military commander, brigadier general, and a pilot of the Polish Army. After graduating from high school in Poznan in 1937, Tadeusz Andersz started his education at the Aviation Cadet School...

Barrel of red bronze cannon with carved cartridge belt crest of earl Henryk Brühl

This beautifully preserved cannon barrel with the Brühl coat of arms belongs to a group of decorated cannons. Alongside their unquestionable functional qualities, they also presented a high artistic level, becoming, to a degree, works of art in themselves. The barrel was cast from bronze, slightly angled (conical), and clearly divided with smooth rings into three parts: frontal, middle, and rear. It is covered with a functional decoration, subordinated to the tectonic canon, consisting of four rings, decorated with an acanthus and a cartouche with the Brühl coat of arms.

Membership card of the Polish Air Navigation Services Association of Adam Wojtyga

The Polish Aviation Society was founded on 11 December 1916 in Warsaw, the day the society's statute was submitted to the Provisional Council of State in Warsaw. The first meeting (organizational) took place on 1 February 1917 in Warsaw. From 26 February to 15 May 1917, the society ran flight courses, which were completed by 73 students.

Identity card of Polish 7th Air Escadrille

This exhibit features ID card no. 84 with the legendary 7 badge. It is associated with a Fighter Squadron (the so-called Kościuszko Squadron) fighting in defence of the Polish Borderlands in 1920. This unique unit, apart from Poles, also included American volunteers. The ID card belonged to Maj. Pil. Teofil Dziama and was issued...