List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

Chain with a cross – a prop from the School of Fine Arts

The presented chain with a cross was used as a prop in the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków – at the school of historical painting of Jan Matejko.

Russian headdress piece – a prop from the School of Fine Arts

A headdress piece stiffened with wires, made of strips forming a diagonal chequered pattern. It is embroidered with imitation pearls and laced with metal threads, forming a convex plant ornament. The crown is placed at the back. The whole piece was covered with fabric, and straps were sewn into it at the head for fastening. The object was used as a prop in the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków.

“Audience of a Polish envoy before the Ottoman Sultan” by Lucjan Wędrychowski

The presented image from the collections of the Museum of the Kraków Academy of Fine Arts is untypical of Wędrychowski. It presents an unspecified Polish legation in audience at the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. The characters costumes and interior refer to the 17th and 18th centuries. The scene takes place in a faithfully devoted real interior – Arz Odası, the auditorium of the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul. MEPs according to the Turkish custom have their own costumes put on special caftans in which the deputies were dressed before visiting the grand vizier or sultan. This richly decorated attire was highly desirable by Polish visitors.

“Entombment”

An anonymous, undated work that refers to the tradition of 17th and 18th century painting – both in terms of form and composition.

“Male nude figure” by Adam Ciopcio-Siemianowicz

Adam Siemianowicz (family name: Ciopcio) was born in 1902 in Orenburg on the Ural River in the Russian Empire. The future painter was the son of Szymon Ciopcio and Julia née Abramik, peasants from Podlasie exiled to the Urals in 1888. The boy began to paint while still in Orenburg. At that time, he usually painted postimpressionism-styled landscapes.

“Interior of Cracovian or Bronowice cottage”

The work is attributed to Włodzimierz Tetmajer or Henryk Uziembło. Both were fascinated by folk themes, which at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries were a fashionable source of inspiration.

Fragment of a decorative fabric – a prop from the School of Fine Arts

A fragment of decorative fabric was used as a prop in the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków – at the school of historical painting of Jan Matejko.

An order cross – a prop from the School of Fine Arts

A metal cross, open-work, decorated with green and white imitations glass of precious stones. The object was used as a prop at the School of Fine Arts in Kraków.

Epaulettes – props from the School of Fine Arts

The presented epaulettes were used as props at the Matejko school of historical painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków.

A double-barrel flintlock handgun – a prop from the School of Fine Arts

Normal 0 21 false false false PL X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standardowy; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; border:none;} This double-barrelled flintlock was used as a prop in the School of Fine Arts in Kraków. The flintlock handgun shows many signs of usage...

Mace – a prop from the School of Fine Arts or The Fowler Brotherhood

A gilded mace with a head consisting of six blades, probably a copy of a historical weapon serving as military insignia. It was used as a prop in the School of Fine Arts in Kraków and was presented in the still art painted by Tomasz Lisiewicz (1857–1930) and displayed in MVM (M 8).

“Hera of Samos” – a plaster cast of an antique sculpture

The present plaster cast is a copy of an ancient Greek statue stored in the Louvre. The sculpture was discovered in 1875 on the sacred road leading to the heraion (temple of the goddess Hera) on the island of Samos. In 1881, the statue was appropriated and taken to the Louvre, where it is still currently stored (Inventory No. Ma 686). The plaster cast from the collections of the Museum of the Academy of Fine Arts was made in the Louvre, as evidenced by a metal plate with the inscription “Musée du Louvre” on the back of the plaster figure.

“Charioteer of Delphi” – a plaster cast of an antique figure

The original bronze statue of the Charioteer was found in 1896 under the sacred road in the area of the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi. It shows a charioteer. Next to the statue, there were also excavated fragments of the draft animals and a dedicatory inscription certifying that the statue had been part of a sculptural group funded by the Sicilian ruler Polyzalos.

“Germanicus” – a plaster cast of an antique sculpture

The present plaster cast of an antique statue is a copy of the original marble statue kept in the Louvre (Musée de Louvre, Department of Greek, Etruscan and Roman antiquities, Inventory No. MR 315 (Ma 1207). In the seventeenth century, the statue was placed in the gardens of Pope Sixtus V in Rome, and then in Villa Montalto-Negroni. The statue was then deemed to be a likeness of Germanicus (Gaius Claudius Drusus Caesar Germanicus, 15 BC–19 AD). In 1685, through the agency of the painter Nicolas Poussin in Rome, it was purchased by the king of France, Louis XIV. Then it was restored by François Girardon (1628–1715) and placed in the Palace of Versailles, in the Hall of Mirrors.

“Portrait of Wojciech Weiss” by Xawery Dunikowski

The portrait of Wojciech Weiss by Xawery Dunikowski is dated to 1910. It shows one of the most outstanding painters, draftsmen and Young Poland graphic artists, who is considered to be a representative of the expressionistic current in the art of this period. The portrait is made in a realistic manner and duly reflects the characteristic features of the artist (known from painted portraits and photographs). Young Weiss is a man with a slender face, high forehead and focused eyes.

“Study of the nude figure of a standing woman” by Stanisław Zygmunt Malcher

The present Study of the nude figure of a standing woman was created during Malcher’s studies at the academy in Kraków. The post-impressionist style and vivid colouration of the image testify to the impact that the works of both his university masters exerted on the artist.

“Study of the nude figure of a sitting woman” by Bronisława Galiczanka

Little is known about the life and artistic work of Bronisława Galiczanka (Bronisława Olga Galica) and her achievements are limited to a few student works. She was born in Czertez near Sanok in 1902. She was registered as a student at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków during the years 1924–1928. She was educated in the studios of Władysław Jarocki and Fryderyk Pautsch, and her work was then recognized and awarded...

“Study of a male figure” by Stanisław Bieńkiewicz

Stanisław Bieńkiewicz (1855–after 1930) in 1871–1880 studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków under the direction of Jan Matejko. During the period 1889–1890, together with Józef Mehoffer and Stanisław Wyspiański, he worked on a polychrome of Mariacki Church in Kraków. Bieńkiewicz painted portraits, landscapes, historical, genre and religious scenes.

“Study of a boy’s nude figure” by Tadeusz Okoń

The present, a painterly study of a boy’s nude figure was created by Tadeusz Okoń (1872 – 1957) during his studies at the School of Fine Arts in Kraków. Okoń was educated at the School of Fine Arts in 1887–1896 under the tutelage of Jan Matejko, Władysław Łuszczkiewicz, Leopold Loeffler and Teodor Axentowicz. He continued his education at the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts (1896), the Munich Academy of Fine Arts (1896–1898) and at the Académie Colarossi in Paris (1898–1900).

“Study of a male nude figure with a fig leaf and a sabre” by Ferdynand Bryll

Ferdynand Bryll, painter, portraitist, conservator and illustrator, was born in 1863 in Kraków. During the period 1876–1884 he studied at the Kraków School of Fine Arts. In the course of his studies, in 1882, at the request of Jan Matejko, he assisted Henryk Rodakowski during his work on the frieze in the parliamentary chamber in Lviv. Even before his studies, he learned towards portrait painting at the studio of Andrzej Grabowski, which opened in Kraków in 1855.