List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

Tabernacle (Kiwot)

The object comes from an Orthodox church in Jastrzębik, a village located to the south-west of Krynica. It is one of the two Orthodox tabernacles owned by the Museum in Nowy Sącz. These are extremely rare and valuable exhibits due to the time of their creation and rich painting decoration.

Sculpture “Christ Resurrected”

The work comes from a church in Mogilany, which no longer exists. It was a wooden church, built before 1440, which had survived until the beginning of the 17th century (when it probably burned down). The only object left from it is the presented sculpture of the Risen Christ, found in an attic in 1965. After conservation, it was transferred to the Regional Museum in Myślenice in 1968, as a gift from the Parish Office in Mogilany.

Pyx

The pyx was purchased for the collection in 1998. Probably it is from an unknown village in the Gorlice region. After the war, she was kept at the family of a priest from a local village, as a unused. A pyx (Latin: ciborium, pyxis) is a container used to carry the consecrated host. It takes the form of a cup with a matching lid.

Chalice and paten

The chalice was made in a Roman workshop around 1360. It is set on a ten-leaved foot base with a pedestal, decorated with a geometric decoration strip. The chalice foot is covered with a smooth coat, with an applied medallion containing an engraved coat of arms surrounded by laurel leaves in the field and on the opposite side of the coat with an enamelled cameo showing a Crucifixion Group. The upper base is finished with a ring with a strip of geometric decoration analogous to the base.

Altar cross (napriestolnyj) with the scene “Crucifixion” and “Resurrection”

The cross comes from an Orthodox church in Bogusza, a village located to the south-east of Nowy Sącz. It is one of the five Lemko napierstolny crosses [altar crosses], which can be found in the Museum in Nowy Sącz. Due to its decorative form, it is displayed in the permanent exhibition of the Orthodox church art.