List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

The “Christ on the Cross” icon

Helena Dąbczańska is a famous Lviv collector of incunabula, engravings, books, drawings, fabrics and furniture; the owner of a private museum organized in her own villa and the hostess on artistic Sunday mornings for representatives of the Lviv elite at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Esther’s scroll in a cover

Megilla it's a parchment scroll with a Hebrew manuscript of the Book. It was designed for individual reading at home and in a synagogue in the period of the early spring holiday of Purim.

Painting “Memento Mori”

The painting was purchased for the museum in 1945. It was created in the second half of the 18th century in one of the guilds in Stary Sącz. It is a very interesting and symbolic work of art which refers to the theme of death and transience so popular in Baroque art. The painting is divided into three parts: two of them are in the shape of a standing rectangle in the upper part and one is of an oblong shape in the lower part.

“Imilac” meteorite

In the meteorite classification, Imilac belongs to a small group called pallasites. They are intermediate meteorites between stony and iron meteorites. The metal does not constitute a conjoined and uninterrupted structure here, but it occurs in the form of larger and smaller fragments of meteorite iron fused with a mass of silicate minerals, mainly olivines.

Woman’s dress from Sudan

This women’s outfit from Sudan is probably dated to the 19th century. It is made of red silk embroidered with gold and silver threads and trimmed with a lace ribbon. The robe is 109 cm long, and measures 109 cm at its widest.

A spherical vessel with a reclining figure on the spout

The object comes from Władysław Kluger’s 1876 Peruvian collection. It is an oval vessel whose upper part (spout) is formed into an anthropomorphic shape.

“Entombment”

An anonymous, undated work that refers to the tradition of 17th and 18th century painting – both in terms of form and composition.

Little sceptre of the Kraków's mayors

The sceptre was a symbol of the mayors of Kraków. The form of a sceptre symbolizes power, and this refers to royal sceptres or those of university rectors. It was made of silver, and some of the elements were gilded. The lower part of the handle has a hexagonal cross section, the upper part is round, separated by convex rings. The bead of the head is topped with a disc and finished with an openwork frieze of lilies.

Sculpture “Bust of Róża Loewenfeld”

The sculpture presents a classicist bust of a young woman with a slightly bent head turned to the right. Admittedly, a faint resemblance of the artistic vision of the German sculptor to the actual figure raised doubts, but how many times have images been idealised, beautifying the portrayed individuals and making them look younger?

Krokus enlarger

In 1954, with the launch of production of a twin-lens reflex camera Start, the production of photo processing accessories commenced in the Warsaw Photo-Optical Works. One such device was an enlarger named Krokus. This name was given to subsequent models of enlargers produced until the 1990s. Enlargers of this family bore additional digital marking, e.g. Krokus 3, 4 N Color, 44, 69S, and were produced for various negative formats. Enlargers from Warsaw Photo-Optical Works satisfied the needs of amateur photographers in Poland and many other countries, being a perfect export product for years.

Icon “Our Lady Hodegetria surrounded by prophets and saints”

This icon is the oldest in the collection of Nowy Sącz. The exhibit was added to the collection in 1977, after a sale offer was made by people living in Nowa Wieś, on a farm which was assigned to Polish settlers after the deportation of the Lemkos in 1947.

Hanukkah lamp

Chanukija is an oil lamp designed for lighting symbolical lights to commemorate the renewal of the cult in the Temple of Jerusalem after the victorious Maccabean Revolt in 165 BC.

Figurine of sitting ibis (small)

This well-made figurine represents a sitting ibis with big head on arched neck, long beak and claws. The details of the beak and legs, as well as of the feathers, are engraved. An ornamental collar (?) masks the junction of...

Osa M50 scooter

Osa M50 oraz M52 to jedyne w historii polskiej motoryzacji seryjnie produkowane skutery. Prace nad stworzeniem polskiego skutera były prowadzone w Dziale Postępu i Sportu Warszawskiej Fabryki Motocykli przez inżynierów Krzysztofa Bruna, Jerzego Jankowskiego i Tadeusza Mathia już od 1951 roku.

Mock-up of decorations of act I of “Legenda II” (“Legend II”) by Stanisław Wyspiański

This mock-up is one of the most valuable objects in the collections of HMK, related to the scenographic activity of Stanisław Wyspiański. As an experienced theatre practitioner and stage director of his dramas, Wyspiański made scenography sketches, decorations, and costume designs, as well as mock-ups.

Speed Graphic Camera

Speed Graphic cameras were first used in the 1930s. During the following decades, American photojournalists used large, reporter cameras, equipped with a rangefinder, usually in the format of 3¼ x 4¼ inches or 4 x 5 inches. These were usually the products of the American label of Graflex photographic equipment. The history of this company begins in 1887, as the company of William F. Folmer and William E. Schwing, producing gas lamps and bicycles. Ten years later in New York, Folmer & Schwing Manufacturing Co. began the production of cameras, which soon became its main product. In the years 1907–1926, the company belonged to Eastman Kodak (F.&S. Division of Eastman Kodak Co.), based in Rochester. The manufacturing plants re-established themselves, taking the name Folmer Graflex Corporation, and then, in 1945, Graflex Inc.

“Kraków environs, a rural genre scene”

The photograph shows four women against the background of a peasant cottage. Two of them, probably models (as recorded by Lucyna Sulerzyska in the inventory sheet), clad in Kraków costumes, are standing by the entrance with their backs facing each other. On the left, two peasant women in regular clothing are sitting on the doorstep (przyzba). The whole figures can be clearly seen, whereas the cottage front can be seen only partially.

Perfume bottle with a chain

The glass perfume bottle has the form of a high vial with a hexagonal cross-section and is made of azure solid-coloured glass. The walls of the bottle are decorated alternately with a white simplified rocaille motif on the background of azure glass or painted over in gold...

“Triptych of Saint Mary Magdalene” from Moszczenica Niżna near Stary Sącz

The painting, Triptych of Saint Mary Magdalene, from Moszczenica Niżna near Stary Sącz is preserved in a rare state of completeness. The essence of the retable can be investigated based on this example. At the end of the 15th century, the retable constituted an expanded structure composed of an immovable main panel, the movable wings attached to it; a predella, which served as a basis for the wings, the main panel, and a finial.

Icon “St. Nicholas”

St. Nicholas is one of the most popular saints in Rus and Greece. He was the bishop of Myra in Asia Minor. His iconic representation was shaped at the beginning of the second millennium. The complex series which illustrate his life come from the 12th century. In panel painting, the story of his life was presented in the strip surrounding the main field of the painting, containing several smaller paintings. The central figure of St. Nicholas was presented as an old man, in bishop’s attire, in the half-figure or full-figure portrait depiction.