List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

Kazimierz Piotrowski’s dog tag from the Warsaw Uprising

A dog tag is an inextricable part of a contemporary soldier's equipment. The dog tag allows one to identify the corpse of a soldier. This dog tag epitomises the improvisation in the combat conditions of the Warsaw Uprising...

Photograph “The staff of Tadeusz Pankiewicz’s The Eagle Pharmacy”

The photograph was taken either in 1942 or 1943, in the times of the Kraków ghetto in Podgórze. It presents Tadeusz Pankiewicz accompanied by his employees: Helena Krywaniuk (in the background), Aurelia Danek (in the middle) and Irena Droździkowska. Contrary to their superior, the women did not stay in the ghetto at night.

Inscriptions on the walls in the former Gestapo prison at Pomorska Street

The Pomorska Street Branch of the Historical Museum of the City of Kraków is located in the Silesian House [Dom Śląski] on the corner of Królewska Street and Pomorska Street. During WW II, the building of the so-called Silesian House, which houses the branch of the Historical Museum of the City of Kraków today, was occupied by the Germans.

Rzeszów Home Army Inspectorate Office Flag

The flag was made in 1943 upon the initiative of the Inspector of the Home Army Inspectorate for Rzeszów, Major/Lieutentant-Colonel Łukasz Ciepliński a.k.a. Pług. The development process was supervised by Special Affairs Officer Dr. Gabriel Brzęk a.k.a. Dewajtis.

Hanukkah synagogal candelabrum

Candelabrum, synagogal, nine-branched. Supported on a flat base, tapering in a bell-like shape to the top. A multi-levelled stem, finely profiled, with four pairs of branches fixed in the sockets cut in its flat elements. The branches are slightly flattened, curved and finished with a trifoliate at the bottom.

Register of the flights of a lieutenant pilot Stefania Wojtulanis-Karpińska (“Barbara”)

Stefania Wojtulanis-Karpińska “Barbara” was actively involved in all types of aviation sports, starting with her participation — as a navigator — in the National Balloon Competition in 1936. In 1938, she participated — also as a navigator — in the 8th National Air Competition; in May 1939, Stefania competed in the Ninth National Balloon Championships as a balloon pilot.

Home Army Band

A piece of white and red cloth with a W.P. stamp served as a necessary substitute for the longed-for Home Army soldier uniform — a clear sign that one is a soldier rather than a civilian. The Union of Armed Struggle [Związek Walki Zbrojnej] was...

Rocket engine “Walter HWK” — 109-507 model

This is a rocket engine, designed for propelling a German guided flying bomb, the Henschel Hs 293. It was constructed in the small experimental plant “H. Walter KG” in Kiel, headed by prof. Hellmuth Walter, who, since 1935, had been dealing with the practical use of hydrogen peroxide...

Radio Elektrit Majestic (serial number 7578)

The Majestic radio receiver is an example of the production of one of the largest pre-war Polish radio companies — Towarzystwo Radiotechniczne Elektrit. This model was awarded the gold medal at the Radio Exhibition in Paris in 1936. Little wonder that a press advertisement from the 1930s described it as “the receiver for the most demanding”.

Signal trumpet banner

The flame for the signal trumpet was a decorative element used during solemn speeches. A trumpeter was present in the full-time squadron of the cavalry regiment, as well as on the regular posts of infantry riflemen as well as medium machine gun and artillery units. In the field...

Painting “Portrait of Kazimierz Janota Bzowski”

A portrait of Kazimierz Janota Bzowski, who died in 1862, the founder of the Droginia line of the Janot Bzowski family. The painting belonged to the Janot Bzowski family of Droginia. It was donated to the Museum by Witold Nekanda Trepka.

Fragments of the Grunwald Monument demolished by the Germans

The head of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Vytautas (45 x 35 cm) — the head of a middle-aged man with a short neck, slightly bent down, long hair combed backwards. Around the neck a wide strap with threaded screws.

Greek ostrakon

An ostracon from the collection of the Field Museum No. 2 which was established thanks to the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade that fought in the Middle East during the World War II and reached Egypt where they managed to obtain museum exhibits.

Cap Eagle of the Polish Armed Forces in the West, pattern 40

An eagle produced for soldiers of the Polish Armed Forces in the West in 1942 or later. Its shape refers to the pre-war military eagles, especially the so-called forage cap from the 1930s. It featured a full crown, like the state eagle of 1919. Just like the pre-war...

Polish Air Force in the West officers’s cap

An officer’s cap with an aviation eagle (in gold thread) of the last 308 Kraków Fighter Squadron commander – pilot Colonel Karol Pniak DFC. Although it is not unique in itself – any examples of this type of headgear have been preserved – its historical value is undeniable.

Badge of a pilot of the Naval Air Squadron

Normal 0 21 false false false PL X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standardowy; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; border:none;} This is a first-class marine pilot badge, issued by order 13/33, in force in 1933–39. Probably, it was worn by Capt. Roman Borowiec, pilot of the CANT Z.506 Air one aeroplane, sunk in Lake Ślemień (a badge was picked up there along with other remains of the plane).

Navigator badge

The Observer Badge (Navigator Badge) is one of the aviation’s specialty badges, worn by pilots and other members of the flying staff. The popular gapa is one of the most famous symbols of the Polish Military Aviation. The badge was worn by aviators in the inter-war period and the Polish Air Force during World War II. The design of the badge has survived from the time of the People’s Republic of Poland and is worn by Polish aviators to this day.

Band of the Home Army “Żelbet” Group

This exhibit is one of many kinds displaying the Home Army bands. It was made for soldiers of the Home Army's Żelbet Group, which emerged out of a series of clandestine initiatives growing in the wake of the September defeat, especially in the Secret Military Organisation of the Kraków Garrison...

Corinthian capital

The exhibit comes from the collection of the Field Museum No. 2 established by Polish soldiers who fought in Egypt during the WW II. The creator and spiritus movens of this unique project was Jarosław Sagan. The head, with relatively shallow sculpting is a simplified form of a Corinthian capital. It could have been based on classical extended examples from Byzantine architecture. It consists of two zones, with the lower row made in a shallow relief resembling stylised acanthus. The leaves in the upper row, which are carved deeper in marble, spread towards four edges under the rectangular abacus.

HRO receiver – HRO Senior model

National HRO Senior is an American shortwave receiver, used both in civilian and military radio-communication service. The HRO was made in 1934 for the National Radio Company in the USA. The receivers were produced in many versions: HRO Senior (prod. 1935–1943), HRO-Jr (prod. 1936–1943), RAS (prod. 1939–1945), HRO-M and HRO–5 (prod. 1944–1945).