List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Objects
all museums
Clean selection
Show filters
Hide filters

Painting “Portrait of Kazimierz Janota Bzowski”

A portrait of Kazimierz Janota Bzowski, who died in 1862, the founder of the Droginia line of the Janot Bzowski family. The painting belonged to the Janot Bzowski family of Droginia. It was donated to the Museum by Witold Nekanda Trepka.

The Polish Air Force flag

Pursuant to the Act of 22 August 1940 and the Agreement of 11 June 1940 entered into between the British and Polish governments, the British government permitted the establishment of two bomb squadrons, including a training centre, and introduced a command dualism and a right to use Polish national symbols. Polish pilots wore British uniforms featuring the Polish eagle on the cap and the inscription “Poland” on the upper part of the sleeves.

Register of the flights of a lieutenant pilot Stefania Wojtulanis-Karpińska (“Barbara”)

Stefania Wojtulanis-Karpińska “Barbara” was actively involved in all types of aviation sports, starting with her participation — as a navigator — in the National Balloon Competition in 1936. In 1938, she participated — also as a navigator — in the 8th National Air Competition; in May 1939, Stefania competed in the Ninth National Balloon Championships as a balloon pilot.

Rocket engine “Walter HWK” — 109-507 model

This is a rocket engine, designed for propelling a German guided flying bomb, the Henschel Hs 293. It was constructed in the small experimental plant “H. Walter KG” in Kiel, headed by prof. Hellmuth Walter, who, since 1935, had been dealing with the practical use of hydrogen peroxide...

Naval poignard

This air dagger (Polish, m. 24) was made by the Side Arms Company of Gabriel Borowski. The metal elements (except for the blade) have been oxidised in the colour of old silver; the metal sheath is covered with black leather. It is a dagger with a nickel-plated, polished blade; the company's signature is engraved along the edge; the head at the top has the shape of a truncated pyramid. There are decorative rings on the handle and sheath with ornamentation with laurel to the right.

Flight chart of 308 Krakow Fighter Squadron

This is a wooden, blackboard of flights (most likely a replica) of 308 Kraków Fighter Squadron, with credits for the operational flight allocation, from 1945. This exhibit is particularly valuable due to the fact that the division continued the traditions of the 2 Air Regiment in Kraków (the squadron staff came from...

Identity card of Polish 7th Air Escadrille

This exhibit features ID card no. 84 with the legendary 7 badge. It is associated with a Fighter Squadron (the so-called Kościuszko Squadron) fighting in defence of the Polish Borderlands in 1920. This unique unit, apart from Poles, also included American volunteers. The ID card belonged to Maj. Pil. Teofil Dziama and was issued...

Navigator badge

The Observer Badge (Navigator Badge) is one of the aviation’s specialty badges, worn by pilots and other members of the flying staff. The popular gapa is one of the most famous symbols of the Polish Military Aviation. The badge was worn by aviators in the inter-war period and the Polish Air Force during World War II. The design of the badge has survived from the time of the People’s Republic of Poland and is worn by Polish aviators to this day.

Uniform of a navigator major (S/Ldr) of Eugeniusz Arciuszkiewicz

This is a tropical uniform: with a French uniform type jacket, pants, shirt with a tie, and a hat. It is an RAF uniform with Polish elements (on the basis of the uniform regulations in force since 1 January 1942, outside Polish borders). It includes Polish buttons, an — eagle model of 1936 ...

Uniform of the General Pilot Tadeusz Andersz

This uniform is of the French RAF jacket-type, belonging to General Pilot Tadeusz Andersz (born on 27 September 1918 in Haensbrook, died on 29 October 2007 in London), who was a Polish military commander, brigadier general, and a pilot of the Polish Army. After graduating from high school in Poznan in 1937, Tadeusz Andersz started his education at the Aviation Cadet School...

Polish Air Force in the West officers’s cap

An officer’s cap with an aviation eagle (in gold thread) of the last 308 Kraków Fighter Squadron commander – pilot Colonel Karol Pniak DFC. Although it is not unique in itself – any examples of this type of headgear have been preserved – its historical value is undeniable.

Badge of a pilot of the Naval Air Squadron

Normal 0 21 false false false PL X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standardowy; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; border:none;} This is a first-class marine pilot badge, issued by order 13/33, in force in 1933–39. Probably, it was worn by Capt. Roman Borowiec, pilot of the CANT Z.506 Air one aeroplane, sunk in Lake Ślemień (a badge was picked up there along with other remains of the plane).

HRO receiver – HRO Senior model

National HRO Senior is an American shortwave receiver, used both in civilian and military radio-communication service. The HRO was made in 1934 for the National Radio Company in the USA. The receivers were produced in many versions: HRO Senior (prod. 1935–1943), HRO-Jr (prod. 1936–1943), RAS (prod. 1939–1945), HRO-M and HRO–5 (prod. 1944–1945).

Radio Elektrit Majestic (serial number 7578)

The Majestic radio receiver is an example of the production of one of the largest pre-war Polish radio companies — Towarzystwo Radiotechniczne Elektrit. This model was awarded the gold medal at the Radio Exhibition in Paris in 1936. Little wonder that a press advertisement from the 1930s described it as “the receiver for the most demanding”.

Toy “Wooden locomotive”

This wooden steam train was made by Tadeusz Matusiak in the German prison camp, Luckenwalde (Stalag III-A), in 1944. Tadeusz Matusiak, who was born in Kęty in 1907, was a house painter by profession; from an early age, he painted pictures and carved in wood with great passion. He was a very talented artist.

Hanukkah synagogal candelabrum

Candelabrum, synagogal, nine-branched. Supported on a flat base, tapering in a bell-like shape to the top. A multi-levelled stem, finely profiled, with four pairs of branches fixed in the sockets cut in its flat elements. The branches are slightly flattened, curved and finished with a trifoliate at the bottom.

Fragments of the Adam Mickiewicz Monument demolished by the Germans

Three inconspicuously-looking fragments of the bronze sculpture: the head of an old man and the fragment of a hand and an arm are the elements of one of the most important 19th century monuments in Kraków — the monument commemorating the national bard, Adam Mickiewicz. The monument, erected in 1898 by the sculptor Teodor Rygier, was demolished by the German occupant in 1940 as a symbol of Polish statehood.

Fragments of the Grunwald Monument demolished by the Germans

The head of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Vytautas (45 x 35 cm) — the head of a middle-aged man with a short neck, slightly bent down, long hair combed backwards. Around the neck a wide strap with threaded screws.

Inscriptions on the walls in the former Gestapo prison at Pomorska Street

The Pomorska Street Branch of the Historical Museum of the City of Kraków is located in the Silesian House [Dom Śląski] on the corner of Królewska Street and Pomorska Street. During WW II, the building of the so-called Silesian House, which houses the branch of the Historical Museum of the City of Kraków today, was occupied by the Germans.

Map on the wall of Oskar Schindler’s office

Schindler’s office in the administrative building of Deutsche Emailwarenfabrik (DEF) was located on the second floor, right above the factory gate. One could enter the office through the secretariat, where a decorated architectural detail has been preserved on the ceiling—the place for a plafond lamp.