List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Author A sculpture workshop producing Italian-style architectural sculpting works
- Date of production 11th/12th century
- Place of creation Małopolska region
- Dimensions height: 11 cm, length: 23 cm, width: 9 cm
- ID no. ZKWawel 6042 (Lap.127)
- Availability at the “Lost Wawel” exhibition
- Acquired date 1921
- Object copyright Wawel Royal Castle – State Art Collection
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums Plus project
The oldest sculpture in the round to be found in Wawel. The sculpture is regarded to be one element of a larger set (a detail enriching a door portal or a part of the interior furnishing of the building).more
The oldest sculpture in the round to be found in Wawel. This figure of an animal was depicted linearly; its anatomy is emphasised with a pleated forehead and bulging eyeballs. The sculpture is regarded to be one element of a larger set (a detail enriching a door portal or a part of the interior furnishing of the building).
The sculpture was found in the northern area of Wawel Hill during excavation works carried out under the guidance of Adolf Szyszko-Bohusz in 1921. The figure was excavated near the Roman palas, the so-called hall of 24 columns.
Elaborated by Beata Kwiatkowska-Kopka, PhD (Wawel Royal Castle), editorial team of Małopolska’s Virtual Museums, © all rights reserved