List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 1546–1891
- Place of creation Koszyce, Poland
- Dimensions height: 210 mm, width: 160 mm, thickness: 30 mm
- ID no. The National Archives in Kraków, craft guilds of Małopolska’s towns and villages – set of fond remnants, IT 1493/9
- Object copyright The National Archives in Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska’s Virtual Museums project
As a city founded under the Magdeburg law, Koszyce had favourable conditions for the development of craftsmanship. In addition, the development of craftsmanship was influenced by trade routes passing through Koszyce (the royal trade route and the route to Kiev), the river port in Morsko, a weekly market taking place on Mondays...more
As a city founded under the Magdeburg law, Koszyce had favourable conditions for the development of craftsmanship. In addition, the development of craftsmanship was influenced by trade routes passing through Koszyce (the royal trade route and the route to Kiev), the river port in Morsko, a weekly market taking place on Mondays and from 1421 on Tuesdays, eight-day fairs on the Feast of St. Mary Magdalene, as well as fees collected from passing merchants, and taxes from the local population.
In the 16th century there were 70 craftsmen in Koszyce. According to the then 4-tier classification of Polish cities, Koszyce belonged to the third category of cities, which included, among others, Częstochowa, Pińczów, Jędrzejów, Kielce and Nowy Targ.
Among the items which have survived from that period are obesłanie stolarskie [a plate bearing the emblem of the carpenters guild] from 1546, which we presented on our website, and an exceptionally valuable Book of Records of Apprentices, Promotions and Entries of the Grand Guild over the years 1546–1891.
Elaborated by the Stanisław Boduch Koszyce Land Museum, © all rights reserved