List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 17th century
- Place of creation Jodłowa around Biecz, Poland
- Dimensions diameter: 42 mm, weight: 20.38 g
- ID no. MB/5727, AH/3639
- Branch Kromerówka
- Object copyright Museum of Ziemia Biecka in Biecz
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska’s Virtual Museums project
A bright green coin made of glass which constituted as a substitute for legal tender within the territory of the dominion of the Koryciński family of the Topór [Axe] coat of arms from Jodłowa. Inside a glass disc there was the Koryciński coat of arms in the shape of an embossed axe; above it there is a crown with nine tops.more
A bright green coin made of glass which constituted as a substitute for legal tender within the territory of the dominion of the Koryciński family of the Topór [Axe] coat of arms from Jodłowa. Inside a glass disc there was the Koryciński coat of arms in the shape of an embossed axe; above it there is a crown with nine tops. The exhibit is particularly interesting both with regard to its history and the circumstances accompanying its acquisition by the museum.
Glass coins were issued in the 17th century by the Koryciński family of the Topór coat of arms, leaseholders of the royal village of Jodłowa, located near Biecz. A hoard of this kind of coins was found in 1890 under the floor of a church in Biecz as well as in 1896 in the house with the turret (nowadays a branch of the Museum of Ziemia Biecka in Biecz) during the demolition of a tile stove. At first the museum in Biecz owned four glass coins. They were stolen in 1975 on the night of the burglary on June 25. The coins were never found. In 2005 the Museum purchased a glass coin which was put up for an Internet auction whereas in 2011, during earthworks accompanying the revitalisation of Biecz, a green glass item was found on Kromer Street, which after cleaning turned out to be a glass feudal coin of the Koryciński family. The discovery found its place in the museum and now it can also be seen on our website.
Elaborated by the Museum of Ziemia Biecka in Biecz, © all rights reserved