List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Performed by Royal Glass Factory in Dresden
- Date of production 1720–1730
- Place of creation Dresden, Saxony
- Dimensions height: with a lid: 66 cm, without a lid: 45.8 cm, diameter: foot: 22 cm
- ID no. MT.Dep.3604
- Branch Town Hall in Tarnów
- Collector exhibit from the collection of Sanguszko Princes
- Object copyright District Museum in Tarnów
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
One of the most valuable objects in the Museum in Tarnów, due to its artistic status, is a goblet with a lid, and with a depiction of 12 months. It is associated with Saxony, with the Royal Glassworks in Dresden. It has a structure typical of celebratory chalices, and it is additionally enriched with a conical decorative lid.more
One of the most valuable objects in the Museum in Tarnów, due to its artistic status, is a goblet with a lid, and with a depiction of 12 months. It is associated with Saxony, with the Royal Glassworks in Dresden. It has a structure typical of celebratory chalices, and it is additionally enriched with a conical decorative lid.
This has an interestingly designed chalice shaft (blown, baluster, vertically faceted) connected to the bowl with a glass thread.
The bowl is almost cylindrical, rounded at the bottom, completely polished. Around it, in two alternate rows, oval medallions have been placed, with personifications of the twelve months of the year. Over each medallion, there is a digit referring to the next month, followed by its name.
The outstanding expert on Saxon glass – Gisela Haase – lists two similar chalices preserved in the world, in the catalogue of the exhibition at the Pillnitz Castle in 1974, in the description of the Tarnów facility. One is located in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art (almost identical to the one in Tarnów) and the other in the Munich Bayerisches Nationalmuseum, with twelve portraits of Roman emperors. They were all made in Dresden around 1730.
The chalice dates back from the XX. collection of the Sanguszkos from Gumniska near Tarnów (currently a district of Tarnów). Since 1945, it has been stored in the collections of the Regional Museum in Tarnów. It is exhibited at the permanent exhibition in Tarnów city hall. It was displayed in 1974 at the exhibition in Pillnitz castle. It has also been exhibited In Poland at the exhibition, “Under One Crown: Culture and Art in the Time of the Polish-Saxon Union”, at the Royal Castle in Warsaw (1997) and at the Castle in Dresden (1997/1998).
Elaborated by District Museum in Tarnów, © all rights reserved