List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 17th/18th century
- Place of creation Szczawnica, Poland
- Dimensions height: 105 cm, length: 98 cm, width: 7 cm
- ID no. MS/22-E
- Branch The Pieniny Mountain Museum named after Józef Szalaya in Szlachtowa
- Object copyright Nowy Sącz District Museum
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
The monument dates back to the1st half of the 18th century and comes from a wooden church in Szczawnica, which was built in 1550 and demolished in 1894. The procession float which can be found in the collection of the Pieniny Museum is placed on a base in the shape of an elongated rectangle, wound around with a plait.more
The feretory (portable shrine) in the collection of the Pieniny Museum was made on a board; it has the shape of a quatrefoil with richly profiled baroque volutes embracing the monogram “HIS” at its top. The base – in the shape of an elongated rectangle – is entwined with a decorative braid. One side of the feretory presents the seated figures of St. Anne and the Mother of God, with the standing figure of infant Jesus between the two of them: an image known as “St. Anne Samotrzecia or St. Anne Samotrzeć”, which, in Old Polish, means “three of us”. St. Anne is described in this manner because she was usually depicted with the infant Jesus and Mary, Mother of God. The cult of St. Anne originated centuries ago among those who wanted to have a special guardian in the mother of Mary and the grandmother of Jesus. Families and households, brides, spouses, pregnant women and women without children, mothers, grandmothers, and widows were placed in the care of St. Anne. A dove symbolizing the Holy Spirit has been placed above the image of St. Anne. The background of the image is coloured gold; the figure of St. Anne is portrayed in a red head-scarf and a dark dress; Mary wears a blue head-scarf and a light gown; Jesus wears a light gown and a golden coat.
The image on the other side of the feretory shows the figure of Christ wearing a crown of thorns; red drops of blood are trickling down his head and torso; his hands are crossed and bound with a rope; purple drapery is wound around his hips.
The monument dates back to the1st half of the 18th century and comes from a wooden church in Szczawnica, which was built in 1550 and demolished in 1894. The procession float which can be found in the collection of the Pieniny Museum is placed on a base in the shape of an elongated rectangle, wound around with a plait.
Elaborated by Barbara Węglarz (Nowy Sącz District Museum), © all rights reserved