List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production October 4, 1358
- Place of creation Niepołomice
- Dimensions height: 27.8 cm, width: 48.5 cm
- ID no. MN-DK/2
- Object copyright The Roman Catholic Church of Ten Thousand Martyrs in Niepołomice
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska’s Virtual Museums project
At the request of the king, on 12 June 1350, Bodzanta, the Bishop of Kraków, established a parish in the royal village of Niepołomice, thus reorganizing the rural areas adjacent to the parish.more
At the request of the king, on 12 June 1350, Bodzanta, the Bishop of Kraków, established a parish in the royal village of Niepołomice, thus reorganizing the rural areas adjacent to the parish. The foundation act of King Casimir the Great, written on a piece of parchment on 4 October 1358, was made in the presence of Archbishop of Gniezno Jarosław Bogoria of Skotniki, Siemowit III of Masovia, Chancellor Otto, castellans Florian of Mokrsk and Zawisza of Kowala. The manuscript was prepared by the royal chancellor Janusz Suchywilk. The act is guaranteed by a round majestic seal of King Casimir the Great. It is worth mentioning that the magnates Florian of Mokrsk together with Janusz Suchywilk and Jarosław Bogoria of Skotniki developed the foundation act of the Kraków Academy.
The document shows that the church was erected, founded, built and endowed by Casimir the Great. It confirms the church’s call – Ten Thousand Martyrs. The document begins with the decorative initial of the letter “I” in the left margin at the height of five lines of text. It has 23 lines of text to the tab. The tab is rolled up once. The document features a round royal wax seal, affixed with a silk, red stings. On the obverse of the seal there is an image of the Polish crowned eagle, whose left wing is damaged. Fragments of the inscription which once read “Kazimirus dei gracja rex Poloniae, Cracoviae, Sandomieriae, Siradiae, Lanciciae, Cuiaviae, and Pomoraniae” are preserved around the rim. The museum’s collection includes a Polish translation of the document.
Elaborated by the Museum of Niepołomice — the Niepołomice Royal Castle, © all rights reserved