List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Author engraver Johann Christof Dreher or Heintze?
- Date of production 1728–1730
- Place of creation Naliboki
- Dimensions height: 32 cm, width: 18.4 cm
- ID no. MNK-IV-Sz-1260
- Branch Main Building
- Gallery Gallery of Decorative Art
- Acquired date 1903, donation from Emeryk Hutten-Czapski’s collection
- Object copyright The National Museum in Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
The glassworks in Naliboki, in the estate of the Nieśwież line of the Radziwiłł family, was founded in 1722 by Anna née Sanguszko Radziwiłł, the widow of Karol Stanisław. The glass factory was very modern, superbly organised, and was no worse a plant than European ones.more
The glassworks in Naliboki, in the estate of the Nieśwież line of the Radziwiłł family, was founded in 1722 by Anna née Sanguszko Radziwiłł, the widow of Karol Stanisław. The glass factory was very modern, superbly organised, and was no worse a plant than European ones. In order to achieve the best possible results, experts like steelworkers, grinders, and engravers from Saxony and Bavaria were invited. Thanks to them, the produced glass was of the highest quality both in terms of technical and artistic value. The sets of goblets, glasses and butliki (small bottles) were meant for Anna Radziwiłł’s manor, her relatives, and also for sale.
The cheer wedding goblet was made for Marcin Mikołaj Radziwiłł (1705–1782) of his own coat of arms, the ordynat (heir in tail) of Kleck, Lithuanian krajczy (position involving cutting food into pieces and tasting it), starost of Pokrzywnice and Grabów, and Aleksandra née Bełchacka (1712–1736) of the “Topór” coat of arms. The couple’s wedding took place in 1728 in Warsaw. The goblet was made in the Naliboki glass factory in the years 1728–1730. At that time, two Saxon engravers: Johann Christof Dreher and Heintze (first name unknown) worked for the Radziwiłł family. The authorship of the engraved decoration of this goblet can be attributed to them for the sake of the high artistic quality of a relief cut in the Potsdam-Berlin style. The exhibit is the earliest preserved example of a product from the Naliboki glassworks in museum collections. The owner of the glass factory, Anna Radziwiłł, and her family had glass refined in such a way at their own disposal. It is probable that this goblet was a private wedding gift for the close relative, Marcin Mikołaj, and his wife.
Elaborated by Alicja Kilijańska (The National Museum in Kraków), © all rights reserved