List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.

The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.

Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.

Views: 2075
(Votes: 2)
The average rating is 5.0 stars out of 5.
Print metrics
Print description

Rectangular, closed with a trifoliate arch, with the figures of Moses (on the left) and Aaron (on the right), and the Decalogue tables (in the middle), with the initial words of the commandments engraved in Hebrew. The figures of Moses and Aaron are flanked by spiral columns. On their plinths are Hebrew inscriptions marking the date: on the right plinth, תקס ("560"), on the left: לפק (“according to the abbreviated calculation”) [=1800]. In the three-leaf top, three openwork crowns with colourful glasses are attached.

more

The shield (tas) is one of the elements of ritual "outfit" the synagogue Torah scroll (klej kodesz).
Rectangular, closed with a trifoliate arch, with the figures of Moses (on the left) and Aaron (on the right), and the Decalogue tables (in the middle), with the initial words of the commandments engraved in Hebrew. The figures of Moses and Aaron are flanked by spiral columns. On their plinths are Hebrew inscriptions marking the date: on the right plinth, תקס ("560"), on the left: לפק (“according to the abbreviated calculation”) [=1800]. In the three-leaf top, three openwork crowns with colourful glasses are attached. Between the crowns, on the plaque with floral motifs a tetragram is engraved.
Goldsmith signs on the shield, enabling the identification of the exhibit, were placed: the initials of the goldsmith, “GWH” (the initials of the Wrocław goldsmith, Gottfried Wilhelm Hoensch), the sign of Wrocław (the letter “M”) from the period 1796–1804 and the Prussian contributional sign of 1809.

Elaborated by Eugeniusz Duda (Historical Museum of the City of Kraków), © all rights reserved

less

Torah shield

Pictures


Recent comments

Add comment: