List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 1810
- Place of creation Kraków
- Dimensions height: 89 cm
- ID no. MHK 448/III
- Branch The Zwierzyniec House
- Object copyright Historical Museum of the City of Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
The presented mace was the symbol of the head of the Zwierzyniec Borough. The borough was founded in 1810, which we know thanks to the date stamped on its head. Around it, there is also the inscription: Państwo Zwierzyniec + Wieś Zwierzyniec [Zwierzyniec Country + Zwierzyniec Village].more
The presented mace was the symbol of the head of the Zwierzyniec Borough. The borough was founded in 1810, which we know thanks to the date stamped on its head. Around it, there is also the inscription: Państwo Zwierzyniec + Wieś Zwierzyniec [Zwierzyniec Country + Zwierzyniec Village]. About a hundred years later, in 1910, Zwierzyniec was incorporated into Kraków and today is a district of the city. The names of these areas is sometimes associated with their function as a hunting area for the nearby royal court, but this theory has never been proven. The first time the name Zwierzyniec appeared was in 1162, thanks to Jaksa Gryfita, the then owner of the surrounding lands, which was founded here in this year by the Norbertine monastery. In the foundation document, the name of the area, on which the building was to be erected, was written. This document still exists to this day and its photo by Tadeusz Rząca from 1910 can be found on our website.
Elaborated by Historical Museum of the City of Kraków, editorial team of Małopolska’s Virtual Museums, © all rights reserved