List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 1761–1762
- Place of creation Kraków
- Dimensions height: 32.5 cm, width: 61.2 cm, depth: 39 cm
- ID no. MHK 296/II
- Object copyright Historical Museum of the City of Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
A wooden cuboid counter with a flat cover belonged to the guild of craftsmen specialising in processing animal skin and the production of leather items. Red tanners owed their name to the oak bar used in tanning, which gave the skin a red tone. Leather dressers delicately tanned skins for gloves and clothes with an alum solution.more
A wooden cuboid counter with a flat cover belonged to the guild of craftsmen specialising in processing animal skin and the production of leather items. Red tanners owed their name to the oak bar used in tanning, which gave the skin a red tone. Leather dressers delicately tanned skins for gloves and clothes with an alum solution. Glove makers and purse makers also belonged to this guild, which is indicated by the intarsia decorations on the front wall, presenting their products: bags and gloves.
The counter bears a twice-repeated signature of its founder — Józef Ner. His name and surname are engraved along the lower edge of the front wall. It is also the place on the internal part of the cover where an extended composition was painted (a white eagle in a crown, against a red background, holding a sceptre and an orb in its claws, a frequent representation in the 2nd half of the 18th century); on the left the coat of arms of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, on the right the coat of arms of Kraków. In the middle, at the bottom, a painted board with the inscription: JOZEF NER/ FONDATOR SKARBU TEGO [Founder of this treasure], dividing the date 17/61.
Elaborated by Katarzyna Moskal (Historical Museum of the City of Kraków), © all rights reserved