List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Author Société Pathé Frères from Paris
- Date of production 1937–1940
- Place of creation Paris, France
- Dimensions height: 32 cm, width: 19.5 cm, depth: 11 cm
- ID no. MHF 76/I
- Object copyright Museum of Photography in Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska’s Virtual Museums project
Pathé Baby (COQ D'OR) — is an amateur cinematographic projector for a 9.5 mm film strip, produced in 1937–1940 by the Pathé Frères works in Paris.
Founded in 1896, Société Pathé Frères...
Pathé Baby (COQ D’OR) — is an amateur cinematographic projector for a 9.5 mm film strip, produced in 1937–1940 by the Pathé Frères works in Paris.
Founded in 1896, Société Pathé Frères became one of the largest producers of cinematographic equipment in the world at the beginning of the 20th century. At the same time, it introduced many innovative technical solutions. In 1922, Pathé Baby projectors for amateur musicians appeared, using a completely new type of film tape, 9.5 mm wide. This tape, unlike the ones used up until then, had perforation holes placed in the middle instead of at the edges.
The metal body of the projector is in the shape of a rectangular prism, slightly rounded at the top, has chrome corners and a noticeable plate covered with cobalt enamel, with the image of a golden rooster and the inscriptions: “Pathé Baby / 9m / m 5”.
A rectangular lantern, with a large number of longitudinal ventilation openings, is hinged to allow easier installation of the film strip. The base included a power cable connected to the mains, which supplied electricity to the bulb placed in the lighthouse.
The tape was moved by hand, using a crank on the side of the device, although it was possible to buy an electric motor that propelled the projector.
Elaborated by Marek Maszczak (Museum of Photography in Kraków), © all rights reserved