List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 17th century
- Dimensions height: 80 cm, length: 174 cm, depth: 64 cm
- ID no. 1620
- Object copyright The Museum of Pharmacy at the Jagiellonian University Medical College in Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
The presented repository, which comes from a hospital pharmacy, was used to store herbs. The names of medicinal raw materials are placed on the drawers equipped with iron baroque handles: “HB. HEDER” – common ivy (Hedera helix L.), “HB. HYOSCIAMI” – black henbane...more
The presented repository, which comes from a hospital pharmacy, was used to store herbs. The names of medicinal raw materials are placed on the drawers equipped with iron baroque handles: “HB. HEDER” – common ivy (Hedera helix L.), “HB. HYOSCIAMI” – black henbane (Hyoscyamus niger), “R. BARDANAE” – greater burdock root (Arctium lappa L.), “R. BISTORTA” – bistort root (Polygonum bistorta L), “HB. HYSOP” – hyssopb (Hyssopus officinalis), “HB. MALVAE” – common mallow (Malva sylvestris L.), “R. CHINAEN“ – Chinese smilax root (Smilax China L.), “R. CIHOREI” – common chicory root (Cichorium L.). This piece of furniture is a fragment of the monastery equipment of the Krakow Jesuit pharmacy, whose furnishings were handed over to the Sisters of Mercy, the so-called Szarytki, after the dissolution of the order in 1773. The nuns were entrusted with running a hospital pharmacy in the first clinical hospital established in Poland, called the Academic Hospital of St. Barbara. This hospital, initially located in the post-Jesuit building at the church of St. Barbara on the Small Market Square, was created thanks to the reform efforts of the National Education Commission, and, above all, the active attitude of Andrzej Badurski (1740–1789). In April 1788, he was transferred to the ) General Hospital of St. Lazarus, then established in Wesoła (now M. Kopernik St.). The pharmacy run by the Sisters of Mercy was also moved there.
Elaborated by the Museum of Pharmacy at the Jagiellonian University Medical College in Kraków, © all rights reserved