List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production 1923
- Place of creation Kielce, Poland
- Dimensions length: 410 mm, tassels: 30 mm, width: 412 mm
- ID no. MAK/939/M
- Object copyright The Museum of the Home Army dedicated Gen. Emil Fieldorf “Nil”
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
The flame for the signal trumpet was a decorative element used during solemn speeches. A trumpeter was present in the full-time squadron of the cavalry regiment, as well as on the regular posts of infantry riflemen as well as medium machine gun and artillery units. In the field...more
The flame for the signal trumpet was a decorative element used during solemn speeches. A trumpeter was present in the full-time squadron of the cavalry regiment, as well as on the regular posts of infantry riflemen as well as medium machine gun and artillery units. In the field, the trumpeter's task was to pass orders from the commander in the established manner. During the ceremony, trumpeters, being part of the military orchestras, performed using trumpets with attached flames. The flame is made of green material (silk, satin), trimmed around from the eagle's side with a black velvet belt and, interestingly, an Austrian-Hungarian insignia tape, while the obverse has an additional red inset. Flame trimmed on three sides with a gold fringe. Three pairs of tapes securing the flame sewn on the upper edge. The design of the flames changed in the interwar period. The flame presented here is an early version — probably made outside of the regulations that govern the appearance of these objects in 1924. On the reverse there is an inscription: Kielce 8 July 1923. On that day, the Kielce Region Civic Committee presented the four flames funded by Kielce residents and the society of Kielce to the commander of the regiment, Jędrzejów, Włoszczów and Opatów counties. The 2nd Legion Field Artillery Regiment (later renamed as 2nd Legions Light Artillery Regiment) stationed in Kielce and was an organic part of the 2nd Legions Infantry Division. During the 1939 Defensive War regiment as part of the 2nd Legions Infantry Division fought within the Łódź Army.
Elaborated by the Museum of the Home Army dedicated Gen. Emil Fieldorf “Nil”, © all rights reserved