List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production interwar period (after 1921)
- Place of creation Warsaw, Poland
- Dimensions height: 70 mm, width: 29 mm
- ID no. MAK/547/MF
- Object copyright The Museum of the Home Army dedicated Gen. Emil Fieldorf “Nil”
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Małopolska's Virtual Museums project
Commemorative badge for former soldiers of the Polish Legions, and later the Polish Auxiliary Corps, interned in 1918. Made of silver plated tombac, in the shape of an eagle with the badge of II Brigade of the Polish Legions on the chest. Oval with...more
Commemorative badge for former soldiers of the Polish Legions, and later the Polish Auxiliary Corps, interned in 1918. Made of silver plated tombac, in the shape of an eagle with the badge of II Brigade of the Polish Legions on the chest. Oval with a stylised LP (Legions of Poland) monogram on the arms of the cross: II (II Brigade), 15, 18 (date of existence), 1918. Names on the reverse of the badge (RARAŃCZA HUSZT DULFALVA BUSTYAHAZA TALABORFALÚ TARACZKÖZ SZALDOBOZ SZEKLENCZE) commemorate the place of internment and the place where some of the P.K.P. crossed the front. The badge number is shown below. Made in 1921.
The Polish Auxiliary Corps was formed after the oath crisis in 1917. On the night of 15–16 February 1918, in protest against the signing of the Treaty of Brest on 9 February 1918 (the central states recognized the independence of Ukraine, transferred to it Chełm land and part of Podlasie), some of the Polish Auxiliary Corps troops broke through the front at Rarańcza and joined Polish units on the Russian side. The rest was drafted into the Austrian-Hungarian army or interned in the villages listed on the badges.
It is worth noting the symbols referring to the II Brigade of the Polish Legions: the LP's monogram, the dates referring to the existence of the formation also as P.K.P. The number on the reverse of the badge does not match the inscriptions, because it was minted at the time of sending.
Elaborated by the Museum of the Home Army dedicated Gen. Emil Fieldorf “Nil”, © all rights reserved