List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Date of production beginning of the 19th century (?) or the Kingdom of Poland period (1815–1832)
- Dimensions height: 5 cm, length: 26 cm, width: 23.5 cm
- ID no. Rz A 125
- Availability Senate Hall, Main Building of the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow
- Acquired date preserved in the Academy of Fine Arts from Jan Matejko’s School of Historical Painting
- Object copyright Museum of the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Virtual Małopolska project
The presented epaulettes were used as props at the Matejko school of historical painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków.more
The epaulettes are made of metal and decorated with three stars and hanging fringes. These are most probably the shoulder straps of an army officer of the Congress Kingdom (1815–1832). Epaulettes (French: épaulette), also known as grinds or loops (German: Die Schleife), were originally used to protect the shoulder from being cut. Later on, they were first and foremost the officer rank designation. Officers wore gold armour and ranks and non-commissioned officers – cloth or metal. Epaulettes were often decorated with fringes. In the Kingdom of Poland (1815–1832) in 1815, three stars decorated the epaulets of generals, and after 1827 – lieutenants.
The presented epaulettes were used as props at the Matejko school of historical painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków.
Elaborated by Adam Spodaryk (Editorial team of Małopolska’s Virtual Museums),
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Poland License.