List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Author Stanisław Wyspiański (1869–1907)
- Date of production 1892
- Place of creation Paris, France
- Dimensions height: 61.5 cm, width: 48 cm
- Author's designation monogram in the lower right-hand corner: “SW Paris 1892”
- ID no. R 98
- Availability in stock
- Acquired date student work by Stanisław Wyspiański
- Object copyright Museum of the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Virtual Małopolska project
The young man’s nude figure drawing was created during Stanisław Wyspiański’s stay in Paris in 1892. Wyspiański was then a third-year student at the Kraków Academy of Fine Arts and he completed supplementary studies in Paris.more
The young man’s nude figure drawing was created during Stanisław Wyspiański’s stay in Paris in 1892. Wyspiański was then a third-year student at the Kraków Academy of Fine Arts and he completed supplementary studies in Paris.
The artist composed the representation boldly and innovatively – diagonally – and marked the movement of the model dynamically bending his body. What distinguishes the artistic achievements of the painter is the dynamics. As Małgorzata Sokołowska notes, this drawing is “particularly important for collections of student work at the Museum of the Academy of Fine Arts. It is a proof of change in art, significant for the times in which Wyspiański matured as an artist and a contribution to the history of artistic didactics.
- M. Sokołowska, Drawing by Stanisław Wyspiański “male nude figure” against the background of the collections of the Kraków Academy of Fine Arts , [in:] Stanisław Wyspiański in Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków, Kraków 2007, p. 69.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Poland License.