List of all exhibits. Click on one of them to go to the exhibit page. The topics allow exhibits to be selected by their concept categories. On the right, you can choose the settings of the list view.
The list below shows links between exhibits in a non-standard way. The points denote the exhibits and the connecting lines are connections between them, according to the selected categories.
Enter the end dates in the windows in order to set the period you are interested in on the timeline.
- Author unknown
- Date of production 1855?
- Place of creation Paris?, France
- ID no. FZRS/104
- Availability private collection
- Collector Katarzyna Sosenko / Collection of the Sosenko Family Foundation
- Object copyright Katarzyna Sosenko
- Digital images copyright public domain
- Digitalisation RDW MIC, Virtual Małopolska project
The decorative travelling box with a lock has the form of a chest and is made of wood, varnished in black. On the outside of the lid, there is a round plaque with a decorative border and no inscriptions.more
The decorative travelling box with a lock has the form of a chest and is made of wood, varnished in black. On the outside of the lid, there is a round plaque with a decorative border and no inscriptions. Inside, at the foot of the lid, a mirror in a silver frame, engraved to feature the grid of a geometrical ornament, has been placed. The box has been divided into compartments with two floors. The upper floor, along with additional wooden pouncet-boxes, is removable. The compartments have been lined with navy-blue leather and adjusted in size to the set of items that comes with the decorative box.
This set includes:
· 7 boxes made of polished crystal glass, with silver lids engraved to feature the grid of a geometrical ornament. Three of the boxes are rectangular, four of them – cylindrical. They have different sizes.
· 2 cubical boxes with built-in vessels with a stopper. The caskets are closed with a clasp and have silver lids engraved to feature the grid of a geometrical ornament.
· 2 glass bottles in the form of cuboidal decanters with silver stoppers engraved to feature the grid of a geometrical ornament.
· 1 brush for clothes made of bristle, bound in light wood. Ornamental initials are visible on the wooden part.
On all the silver lids of the caskets, round panels, designated for the owner’s initials to be engraved in them, have been placed. The panels are empty.
At the box’s lid, on the inside, there is a paper strip with an oval pressed in the middle with the inscription: “PERET / FABRICANT / A PARIS.” At the left and right end of the strip – a date: 1864.
At the bottom of the lid, a gold inscription has been pressed in leather: “PERET, ORFÈVRE, ÉBÉNISTE, FABRICANT DE NÉCESSAIRES, SACS NÉCESSAIRES DE VOYAGE, 19, RUE DE MONTMORENCY ST MARTIN PARIS.”
To the sides of that inscription, the inscription: “MÉDLE DE 1ÈRE CLASSE / EXPON UNIVLE DE 1855” was repeated.
A brass slat with an engraved inscription has been affixed to the inner edge of the box: “Exposition de 1855 / PERET / fint de nécéssaires / (…) de Montmorency No 19 PARIS / Medaille de 1 Classe.”
The item is preserved in an excellent condition, there are no signs of wear or damage.
Elaborated by Katarzyna Sosenko (Collection of the Sosenko Family Foundation), Editorial team of Małopolska’s Virtual Museums,
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Poland License.